Help People in Your Church Grow Closer to Jesus
When we gather together, one of our main objectives ought to be encouraging each other in our walk with Christ. Sometimes we might know a lot about the bible, but our obedience to God is severely lacking. "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Here are two great ways to help you make disciples through the church:
1. Pray with each other for extended periods of time.
2. In smaller groups, ask accountability questions. (Some samples are below.)
Accountability Questions for Christians:
1. What did your time with God look like this week? Prayer? Bible reading? Bible memory?
2. What does your giving look like? What does your fasting look like?
3. In what area are you working on self-control?
4. How are you being intentional in discipleship and evangelism?
5. How eager are you to do EVERYTHING God wants you to do? What keeps you from being totally committed?